What a day! I am trashed. I’ll give you a few quick hits from a beautiful day!
- I’m LOVING this marriage series, “Love, Marriage, Baby Carriage.” Our church is ripe for this series. SO many couples getting married, newly married, or having issues. I’m even hearing from college students who feel like this is so important to where they are in life. I love it.
- Someone had a great idea of changing their Facebook profile picture to their wedding picture in honor of this series. We’ve had lots of couples upload pictures of their wedding. We did a quick collage. It’s fun to see. I’ve attached the image below!
- Today’s message was strong. Brutal at times.
- So often, when we get married, we allow our desires to shift to expectation. We expect our spouse to be/do/act/live a certain way.
- We read from Ephesians 5, where Paul lays out the roles for marriage. I LOVE the way The Message translation says it! Check it out here.
- I love how it challenges women to submit to their husbands and for men to love their wives as Christ loves His church.
- I love this verse, “Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church—a love marked by giving, not getting.” Guys, where is this not true in your life? Where have you pursued your wife for what you can get, rather than what you can give?
- Wives, have you actually allowed your husband to lead?
- I was strong on what it looks like for men to love their wives today. I asked Lis if I was too strong. Her response: “No, I just expect you to step your game up even more now, though!” Love it!
- I’ve already heard that several husbands have stepped their game up! Come on guys. Let’s do this. Our wives are our treasures. Let’s treat them as such.
- How beautiful would it be to see wives loving, honoring, and submitting to their husbands, and husbands actually loving their wives the way Christ loves His church?
- Please take the time to watch this message when it goes up on Tuesday! Check the blog this week for other ideas for ways to make this message very practical!
Other thoughts from today:
- Today is my birthday, and I’ve been overwhelmed with the outpouring of love. I love having a church community to call home! After the Night of Worship tonight, they had cupcakes for me. Joey destroyed one (or one destroyed him!).
- We’re having SO many new families visiting the church. I’m praying that we’ll always be a welcoming, inviting community!
- Small Groups launched the Spring Semester this week. I hope you’ll join one of our new groups!
- Night of Worship was UN-BE-STINKING-LIEVABLE tonight! Jordan, Kristin, and the band are amazing. We’re blessed to have such a beautiful expression of worship every week!
- Next week, we’re talking about sex. Can’t wait.